SKOWHEGAN – A Somerset County grand jury indicted 12 people last week on various charges, including theft and drug trafficking.
The indictments included a man from Emden who was indicted in June following a police chase.
Michael M. Thomas, 26, has been charged with theft by unauthorized taking, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person, escape by an officer, aggravated exploitation after dismissal of repeat offender, criminal threat with a weapon dangerous, reckless driving with a firearm, aggravated the trafficking of listed drugs and illegal possession of listed drugs.
Officials said Thomas led police in a brief chase on June 10 after a resident of Emden reported his truck missing.
Thomas was later identified as the driver of the stolen truck. He parked in a ditch, got out of the truck, and eventually moved to another vehicle. He was then located by police, whom he led in a chase in which he drove erratically and threw a handgun out the window, police said.
Police lost Thomas but said he was later arrested when he was found entering a residence in Bingham. Officers then searched his house, after which additional charges were filed.
An indictment is not a guilty verdict, but an indication that there is sufficient evidence to proceed with a trial.
The grand jury also indicted:
- Seth P. Nichols, 31, of Skowhegan, two counts of violating a protection order, Aug. 10, in Madison.
- Dave R. Bragg, 54, of China, one count of receiving stolen goods, one count of unauthorized kidnapping, Dec. 26 and Jan. 7, in Fairfield.
- Britton A. Moholland, 28, of Pittsfield, on one count of breach of release conditions, September 17, in Pittsfield.
- Mariah L. Cyr, 26, of Norridgewock, one count of aggravated index drug trafficking, one count of breach of release conditions, July 2, in Skowhegan.
- Nathan M. Reardon, 43, of Skowhegan, a service flight leader, on August 14, 2020 and February 27 in Skowhegan.
- Randy L. Fulton Jr., 32, of Mars Hill, an unauthorized take flight supervisor, post-suspension operations supervisor, July 6, in Pittsfield.
- Jeremy James Dubuque, 35, of Norridgewock, one count of felon operating under the influence, July 19, in Fairfield.
- Dawson Senter, 21, of Skowhegan, one count of escaping an officer, one count of felon operating under the influence, one count of criminal speed, one count of dangerous driving, May 11 in Fairfield .
- Jason J. Forbus, 46, of Skowhegan, one count of aggravated illegal supply of listed drugs, one count of criminal confiscation, Dec. 17, in Skowhegan.
- Cassandra M. Maloon, 30, of Canaan, two counts of illegal possession of index drugs, one count of breach of release conditions, June 19, in Skowhegan.
- Amanda L. Nightingale, 36, of Skowhegan, one count of illegal listed drug trafficking, three counts of illegal possession of listed drugs, on August 25 in Madison.
Governor Mills announces $ 139 million in spending for Maine’s economic recovery