Cosmetics retailer Lush is boycotting numerous social media platforms over user safety concerns.
The brand, which previously criticized the platforms, confirmed it will turn its back on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat from Friday.
He said he would stay out of the platforms “until they take action to provide a more secure environment for users.”
The company said it had “finally had enough” following allegations by Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen about the action of the social media giants.
Lush has said he will roll out the policy in the 48 countries where he operates.
In a statement, the company said, “At Lush, we don’t want to wait for better global regulations or platforms to introduce best practice guidelines, as a generation of young people grow up and suffer serious and lasting damage.
“Now is a good time to find better ways to connect without putting our customers at risk.
“It’s not enough for companies to stop placing paid advertising; people and their time are the currency of these channels and we don’t want our content to be used by hidden algorithms designed to keep people captive on a channel.
The company said it would “not be anti-social” and would still use certain platforms, including Twitter and YouTube, to stay in touch with its customers.
Lush said he hopes business action can help encourage platforms to introduce strong best practice guidelines and that international regulations will be enacted into law.
Jack Constantine, Chief Digital Officer and Product Inventor at Lush, said: “We feel compelled to take our own steps to protect our customers from the damage and manipulation they may experience when trying to connect with us over the networks. social.
“I have spent my entire life avoiding harmful ingredients in my products. There is now overwhelming evidence that we are put at risk when we use social media.
“I’m unwilling to expose my clients to this harm, so it’s time to take it out of the mix. “